
Prince Harry and Co-Claimants Ordered to Pay Millions in Daily Mail Privacy Case
Prince Harry, Elton John, and other claimants have been ordered to pay millions of pounds in legal costs to Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Daily Mail, after losing a preliminary privacy case. The High Court ruled against their claims of unlawful information gathering, resulting in a substantial financial penalty for the plaintiffs.
The Story
Analyzing sources…
Source Diversity
Source Diversity
Excellent (92/100)Sources
Prince Harry and 6 others must pay initial $13 million over failed invasion of privacy case - AP News
Prince Harry and 6 others must pay initial $13 million over failed invasion of privacy case AP News
Read full article →Prince Harry and others ordered to pay millions over failed lawsuit - Reuters
Prince Harry and others ordered to pay millions over failed lawsuit Reuters
Read full article →Prince Harry and six others ordered to pay Daily Mail publisher £9.5m
The group of high-profile figures lost their High Court privacy case against the Daily Mail's publishers.
Read full article →Prince Harry, Elton John and Others Told to Pay Daily Mail Publisher $13 Million
Harry and six other high-profile figures lost a privacy lawsuit against Associated Newspapers. They may eventually have to pay more than twice the initial sum, a judge said.
By Stephen Castle
Read full article →Prince Harry and other privacy claimants told to pay £9.5mn to Daily Mail publisher
High Court rules that the losing parties must cover legal costs on an ‘indemnity’ basis
Read full article →UK court orders Prince Harry, Elton John and others to pay £9.5 million to 'Daily Mail' tabloid
Prince Harry and six other well-known figures were ordered on Friday to make the payment to the publisher of the 'Daily Mail' within a week after they lost their privacy case against the British tabloid.
Read full article →Prince Harry and others ordered to pay interim £9.5m to Daily Mail publisher
Judge orders payment within seven days towards legal costs in failed case over alleged unlawful information gathering The Duke of Sussex and six other high-profile claimants must make a £9.54m interim payment by 4pm on 28 August towards the Daily Mail publisher’s legal costs after losing their high court case over allegations of unlawful information gathering, a judge has ruled. Associated Newspapers Ltd strongly denied the claims made by Prince Harry and co-claimants including Doreen Lawrenc...
By Caroline Davies
Read full article →Prince Harry, others to pay $13m in initial Daily Mail legal fees - CNN
Prince Harry, others to pay $13m in initial Daily Mail legal fees CNN
Read full article →Prince Harry given a week to pay his share of £9.5m to Daily Mail publisher - The Times
Prince Harry given a week to pay his share of £9.5m to Daily Mail publisher The Times
Read full article →Prince Harry, Elton John and others slapped with millions in legal fees after court loss to Daily Mail
Prince Harry and other high-profile claimants must make an interim payment of £9.54 million ($17.89 million Cdn) toward the legal costs of the Daily Mail's publisher after losing their privacy lawsuits, London's High Court ruled on Friday.
Read full article →Prince Harry and others ordered to pay initial US$13 million in failed lawsuit
Prince Harry, Elton John and other high-profile claimants face paying millions of dollars out of their own pockets to cover the legal costs of the Daily Mail’s publisher after a judge ruled their failed privacy lawsuits were conducted in an unreasonable way. Judge Matthew Nicklin’s judgment on costs, which was published on Friday, also ordered an interim payment from the claimants of £9.54 million (US$13 million) towards the legal costs of Associated Newspapers. Last month, Judge Matthew...
By Reuters
Read full article →Prince Harry, others ordered to pay initial £9.5-million to Daily Mail after losing privacy case
Publisher has said it accumulated more than £34-million during the case. Remainder of costs will have to be reimbursed by a later date by the claimants
By Pan Pylas
Read full article →UK Court Orders Prince Harry, Others To Pay Daily Mail £9.5mn - Barron's
UK Court Orders Prince Harry, Others To Pay Daily Mail £9.5mn Barron's
Read full article →Prince Harry, celebrities ordered to pay $18m – but final court bill could be higher
The court ruling exposes Harry and others, including rock star Elton John and model Elizabeth Hurley, to even greater costs after a judge dismissed their long-running claim against the Daily Mail’s publisher.
By David Crowe
Read full article →Prince Harry and celebrities ordered to pay £9.5m to Daily Mail publisher after losing High Court battle
The celebrities could be forced to pay millions more to the publisher, which spent £34m defending the claims
By Amy-Clare Martin
Read full article →Five reasons no one saw Prince Harry’s return to the U.K. coming
Speculation over possible explanations has swirled — from the health of King Charles III to homesickness to the returning couple's finances
By Washington Post
Read full article →New York Times forced to pay Alabama basketball player $9.25 million in damages
An Alabama jury has settled a defamation lawsuit surrounding former Crimson Tide player Kai Spears.
Read full article →New York Times correction over a college basketball player wrongly named at the scene of a shooting leads to $9.25 million jury verdict
“We’re disappointed the jury found The Times liable for an honest mistake,” spokesperson Charlie Stadtlander said in a statement Thursday.
By The Associated Press
Read full article →Not just Indian techies, why the 'American Dream' died for Harry and Meghan Markle
The UK that awaits the Sussexes is hardly a triumphant restoration like the one that greeted Charles II post-Cromwell. The Sussexes will live privately and have to figure out how to pay their rent. The King won’t even give an allowance the way he does to the disgraced Prince Andrew, and their popularity is hitting rock bottom.
By Nirmalya Dutta
Read full article →Prince Harry, Elton John and More Ordered to Pay Initial $13 Million to Daily Mail Publisher After Losing Privacy Case
Prince Harry looks like he might be returning back to the U.K. with a sizeable bill to pay. The prince is among a group of seven high-profile figures — including Elton John and Liz Hurley — who have been ordered to pay £9.54 million ($13 million) in legal costs to the publisher of the Daily Mail […]
By Alex Ritman
Read full article →Prince Harry, others ordered to pay initial $16m over failed lawsuit - The Straits Times
Prince Harry, others ordered to pay initial $16m over failed lawsuit The Straits Times
Read full article →Prince Harry, Elton John, 5 others ordered to pay Daily Mail $13 million over failed privacy invasion case
Prince Harry and others have been ordered to pay Daily Mail $13 million in initial court costs.
Read full article →Prince Harry, other high profile claimants face multi million pound bill over failed lawsuit
Prince Harry, Elton John, and other high-profile claimants alleged that the Daily Mail engaged in widespread unlawful activities, including phone hacking.
Read full article →Prince Harry, 6 Others To Pay Initial Rs 124 Crore After Losing Privacy Case
In a judgement on Friday, Justice Matthew Nicklin said in a statement that the payment must be made in a week, as the public figures could not prove the allegations.
Read full article →Prince Harry, Elton John & Other Privacy Case Claimants Ordered To Pay Daily Mail Publisher $13 Million
Prince Harry, Elton John, and several other high-profile figures who lost a privacy lawsuit against the publisher of the Daily Mail have been ordered to pay $13 million (£9.5m) to cover the Mail’s legal costs. The seven claimants, also including Liz Hurley and Baroness Doreen Lawrence, must make the payment by August 28. The fee […]
By Zac Ntim
Read full article →Prince Harry and celebrities ordered to pay Daily Mail publisher €11m after losing court privacy battle
By Gareth O'Connor
Read full article →Prince Harry and others ordered to pay initial £9.54 million over failed lawsuit
Prince Harry and other high-profile claimants must make an interim payment of £9.54 million towards the legal costs of the Daily Mail publisher after losing their privacy lawsuits, London’s High Court ruled on Friday. Last month, judge Matthew Nicklin comprehensively rejected the case brought by King Charles’ younger son, singer Elton John and five other […]
Read full article →UK court orders Prince Harry, six others to pay Daily Mail £9.5 million
Read full article →Prince Harry, Elton John and others to pay Daily Mail publisher initial £9.5m after failed legal case
Harry and six others unsuccessfully brought High Court claims against publisher Associated Newspapers over alleged unlawful information gathering.
Read full article →What is behind the return of Harry and Meghan to the UK?
The most shocking comeback since Dirty Den’s in EastEnders has left the royal family reeling
By Jamie Timson, The Week UK
Read full article →Elton John & Others Forced to Repay $13M Legal Bill Following Hacking Lawsuit Loss
The music legend is facing a hefty payment after a failed lawsuit claiming the Daily Mail of unlawfully obtaining private information.
By Thomas Smith
Read full article →UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail £9.5 million
Read full article →Prince Harry and others ordered to pay millions over failed lawsuit - The Daily Star
Prince Harry and others ordered to pay millions over failed lawsuit The Daily Star
Read full article →UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail £9.5m
A UK court ordered Prince Harry and six others Friday to pay an initial £9.5 million ($13 million) after they lost their privacy case against the publisher of British tabloid the Daily Mail. The post UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail £9.5m appeared first on Vanguard News.
By Henry Oduah
Read full article →Prince Harry, Elton John and others ordered to pay Daily Mail £9.5 million by August 28 after losing privacy battle
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and six other celebrities have been ordered to pay Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Daily Mail, an initial sum of around £9.54 million, after losing their privacy invasion case against the company. The claim was brought against Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL), which publishes the Daily Mail, the Mail on Sunday […] The post Prince Harry, Elton John and others ordered to pay Daily Mail £9.5 million by August 28 after losing privacy battle appeared first ...
By Αλεξία Αμβράζη
Read full article →Prince Harry and six others ordered to pay initial £9.5m to Daily Mail publisher - the-star.co.ke
Prince Harry and six others ordered to pay initial £9.5m to Daily Mail publisher the-star.co.ke
Read full article →Harry and Meghan: Duke and Duchess of Sussex moving back to UK - but PM says their security is 'private matter' - Graphic Online
Harry and Meghan: Duke and Duchess of Sussex moving back to UK - but PM says their security is 'private matter' Graphic Online
Read full article →Prince Harry and six others face privacy case legal bill of up to £34.5m
Prince Harry and six other public figures face paying up to £34.5m to the publisher of the Daily Mail after a High Court judge imposed an exceptional order for legal costs over their failed privacy case.
By Emmanuel Tetteh
Read full article →Coverage Timeline
Related Stories

EFCC Withdraws Cybercrime Charges Against Nigerian Students
7m ago

California Governor Newsom Signals Support for Paramount/Warner Bros. Settlement
16m ago

Peter Obi Challenges Rivals to Defend Records Ahead of 2027 Election
22m ago
Trump Administration Announces Temporary Tariff Relief for Ground Beef Imports
37m ago