
Hong Kong Tiananmen Vigil Organizers Convicted Under National Security Law
Organizers of Hong Kong's annual Tiananmen Square vigil have been found guilty of inciting subversion under the national security law. This ruling marks a significant development in the city's crackdown on dissent.
The Story
Analyzing sources…
Source Diversity
Source Diversity
Excellent (92/100)Sources
Hong Kong's Tiananmen activists guilty in national security trial
Three activists were accused of inciting others to subvert state power under the China-introduced law.
Read full article →Hong Kong Convicts Tiananmen Vigil Leaders of Subversion
A Hong Kong court convicted two former organizers of the city’s annual Tiananmen Square vigils of inciting subversion, in a closely watched test of the national security law imposed by Beijing.
By Alan Wong
Read full article →Shanghai’s answer to Nasdaq outstrips Hong Kong amid Chinese tech frenzy
Star 50 index up almost a quarter this year, leaving rivals behind
Read full article →Tiananmen Square vigil organisers found guilty in Hong Kong of ‘inciting subversion’
Lee Cheuk-yan and Chow Hang-tung - leaders of the Hong Kong Alliance – were tried under under a 2020 national security law Two Hong Kong activists who organised annual vigils marking China’s deadly Tiananmen crackdown in 1989 were found guilty of “incitement to subversion”, in a case widely criticised as exemplifying the erosion of freedom of expression in the Chinese city. Lee Cheuk-yan, 69, and Chow Hang-tung, 41 “incited other persons to organise, plan, commit or participate in acts by unl...
By Guardian staff and agencies
Read full article →Hong Kong Tiananmen activists found guilty of national security charges
Activist group says the 'twisted' Hong Kong judicial system had long ago decided that the pair were guilty.
Read full article →Tiananmen Square vigil organizers convicted of 'inciting subversion' in Hong Kong
Two former organizers of Hong Kong's decades-old vigil in remembrance of the 1989 Tiananmen Square crackdown were convicted Friday in a national security case brought under a China-imposed law that has effectively crushed the city's previously thriving pro-democracy movement.
Read full article →Organizers of Hong Kong’s annual Tiananmen vigil convicted in national security case
Two activists were found guilty of inciting subversion and face up to a decade in prison
By James Griffiths
Read full article →Hong Kong convicts activists in national security trial
The two pro-democracy Tiananmen activists were found guilty of inciting subversion. The high profile case has been widely criticized for highlighting the deterioration of freedom of expression.
Read full article →Hong Kong Tiananmen vigil organiser, former leaders guilty of inciting subversion
A now-disbanded alliance behind Hong Kong’s annual Tiananmen Square vigil, along with two of its former leaders, have been found guilty of inciting subversion under the national security law for advocating an end to “one-party dictatorship” in mainland China. The Hong Kong Alliance in Support of Patriotic Democratic Movements of China, its former chairman Lee Cheuk-yan and former vice-chairwoman Chow Hang-tung were convicted at West Kowloon Court on Friday over one of the group’s operational...
By Brian Wong
Read full article →Hong Kong Tiananmen vigil organizers convicted of inciting subversion
Read full article →Woman Found Dead in Larissa Basement After Months of Unpaid Rent
The body of a woman in her 60s has been found in a basement apartment in Larissa, in a discovery that has shocked the local community and raised questions about social isolation. The woman, who lived alone, is believed to have died many months ago, possibly close to a year or more before her remains were discovered on Wednesday, Aug. 19. Neighbours said no foul odour came from the flat, which may have prevented anyone from noticing her death. The discovery was made when the landlord entered ...
By ANTHEE CARASSAVA
Read full article →BREAKING: Hong Kong Tiananmen vigil activists convicted under nat. security law, face up to 10 years in prison
Hong Kong Tiananmen vigil activists Chow Hang-tung and Lee Cheuk-yan have been convicted of incitement to subversion under a Beijing-imposed national security law. At the West Kowloon Law Courts Building, three national security judges on Friday handed down the guilty verdict in the trial of Chow and Lee Cheuk-yan, both former leaders of the now-defunct […]
By Hong Kong Free Press
Read full article →Hong Kong Convicts Activists in National Security Trial
Two pro-democracy Tiananmen activists in Hong Kong were found guilty of subversion, drawing criticism over deteriorating freedom of expression.
Read full article →

