
Bodies of Italian Divers Recovered After Maldives Cave Tragedy
The bodies of several Italian divers who died in an underwater cave in the Maldives have been recovered, with Finnish divers assisting in the operation. Investigations are underway to determine the cause of the tragedy, including theories about the 'Venturi effect' and equipment suitability.
The Story
Analyzing sources…
Source Diversity
Source Diversity
Excellent (92/100)Sources
Bodies of Last 2 Missing Italian Divers Recovered in the Maldives
Experts have spent days conducting a complex search operation to find five divers who died on a trip to explore deep underwater caves in the Indian Ocean last week.
By Amelia Nierenberg and Josephine de La Bruyère
Read full article →Five cave divers slipped beneath the waves in the Maldives. Why didn’t they resurface?
Read full article →Last two bodies of Italian divers killed in scuba diving accident recovered, Maldives says - The Straits Times
Last two bodies of Italian divers killed in scuba diving accident recovered, Maldives says The Straits Times
Read full article →Bodies of last two Italian divers recovered in Maldives
Read full article →Bodies of last two Italian divers who died in Maldives recovered
(ANSA) - ROME, MAY 20 - The last two bodies from a group of five Italians who died while scuba diving in a cave at a depth of around 60 metres in the Maldives last week were recovered on Wednesday, Italian foreign ministry sources said. The recovered bodies were those of Giorgia Sommacal and Muriel Oddenino. The Maldivian authorities and an international team of expert divers had recovered two other corpses, those of Sommacal's mother Monica Montefalcone and of Federico Gualtieri, from the ca...
By ANSA
Read full article →

