
Ebola Outbreak in DR Congo Triggers International Health Response
An Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has prompted international health responses, with countries like India increasing surveillance and the WHO assessing the situation. The outbreak has also led to travel concerns and the cancellation of events, though the WHO has stated it is not yet a 'pandemic emergency'.
The Story
Analyzing sources…
Source Diversity
Source Diversity
Excellent (92/100)Sources
Congo cancels 3-day World Cup training camp and fan farewell in Kinshasa over Ebola fears - AP News
Congo cancels 3-day World Cup training camp and fan farewell in Kinshasa over Ebola fears AP News
Read full article →More die of suspected Ebola as WHO warns that numbers will rise further
In its latest update, the World Health Organization says there have now been 139 suspected deaths and 600 cases.
Read full article →US doctor who contracted Ebola in the DRC flown to Germany for treatment
Dr Peter Stafford’s wife and four children are also being monitored for symptoms amid Ebola outbreak in the DRC An American doctor who contracted Ebola in the Democratic Republic of the Congo has been flown to Germany for treatment, along with his wife and four children, as the World Health Organization warned of the “scale and speed” of the outbreak. Authorities have reported at least 134 suspected deaths and more than 500 cases of the hemorrhagic Bundibugyo virus, which has no approved trea...
By Edward Helmore
Read full article →How contagious is Ebola? And how worried should you be about the current outbreak?
This outbreak is being called "the perfect storm." How did it start, what are the characteristics of the strain that's causing it and how much of a threat is it to global health?
By Gabrielle Emanuel
Read full article →Why Ebola keeps returning to DRC: A heartbreaking human toll
Families in Mongbwalu grieve as Ebola returns, exposing serious gaps in healthcare and outbreak preparedness.
Read full article →Congo cancel World Cup training camp and fan farewell in Kinshasa amid deadly Ebola outbreak
Congo’s football team has cancelled a World Cup training camp ahead of next month’s tournament
By Ciaran Fahey
Read full article →‘No vaccines, no treatment and in a conflict zone’: Why this Ebola outbreak is ‘very worrying’
Lucas Molfino, medical director of MSF Switzerland, stresses the need for coordination between countries to break chains of transmission: ‘Let’s hope the international community is up to the task because it will be greatly needed’
By José Naranjo
Read full article →DR Congo expected to receive U.S. Travel Exemption for 2026 World Cup despite Ebola Outbreak
The Democratic Republic of Congo's national team is expected to be able to compete at the 2026 FIFA World Cup despite the U.S. issuing a travel ban on the country following an Ebola outbreak
Read full article →No Ebola cases reported in India yet; govt ramps up surveillance after WHO alert
India has reported no Ebola cases, despite the WHO declaring it a public health emergency. The health ministry has strengthened nationwide surveillance and preparedness measures, including sharing detailed SOPs with states and Union Territories. The country has prior experience in handling similar outbreaks.
By TOI NEWS DESK
Read full article →India holds high-level review amid Ebola outbreak in DR Congo; no cases reported
Health ministry officials also clarified that no case of Ebola virus disease has been detected in India so far.
Read full article →After Ebola outbreak, Pune-based SII activates emergency response framework with Oxford, CEPI
By Anuradha Mascarenhas
Read full article →Ebola outbreak to grow, WHO says
The Ebola outbreak linked to more than 130 deaths in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo likely started two months ago and is expected to continue to grow, the World Health Organization said on Wednesday. The outbreak of the rare Bundibugyo strain, for which there is no vaccine, was declared last Friday and has alarmed experts […]
Read full article →DR Congo Ebola risk high regionally, low worldwide: WHO - Arab News
DR Congo Ebola risk high regionally, low worldwide: WHO Arab News
Read full article →DR Congo cancel World Cup training camp amid Ebola fears
DR Congo have cancelled a planned three-day World Cup training camp and farewell event in Kinshasa due to an Ebola outbreak in the eastern part of the country. The post DR Congo cancel World Cup training camp amid Ebola fears appeared first on Vanguard News.
By efosataiwo@vanguardngr.com
Read full article →Ebola vaccine could take nine months as death toll continues to rise, WHO warns
The World Health Organization (WHO) says it could take up to nine months before a vaccine against this particular species of Ebola is ready.
By Deborah Okailey Quarcoo
Read full article →Former CAF General Secretary Véron Mosengo-Omba elected new DR Congo FA president - thecitizen.co.tz
Former CAF General Secretary Véron Mosengo-Omba elected new DR Congo FA president thecitizen.co.tz
Read full article →In Belgium, health expert readies to fly to DR Congo Ebola zone - Yahoo
In Belgium, health expert readies to fly to DR Congo Ebola zone Yahoo
Read full article →Congo cancel World Cup training camp and fan farewell in Kinshasa over Ebola fears - Africa - Sports - Ahram Online
Congo cancel World Cup training camp and fan farewell in Kinshasa over Ebola fears - Africa - Sports Ahram Online
Read full article →
