DR Congo Ebola Outbreak Becomes Deadliest in Country's History
The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has become the deadliest in the country's history, with over 2,300 fatalities reported, surpassing all previous outbreaks in severity.
The Story
Analyzing sources…
Source Diversity
Source Diversity
Excellent (100/100)Sources
Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak becomes the country’s worst with over 2,300 dead - AP News
Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak becomes the country’s worst with over 2,300 dead AP News
Read full article →Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in its history
The outbreak was already the fastest growing on record, caused by a rare species of Ebola called Bundibugyo.
Read full article →Ebola outbreak becomes DR Congo’s deadliest
World Health Organization warns country has entered ‘intense transmission’ phase of the virus
Read full article →DRC reports Ebola outbreak now the country's deadliest ever
Official figures in the Democratic Republic of Congo showed Monday that 2,325 people have died in the current outbreak of the disease, which was declared in May.
Read full article →As Ebola kills thousands in DRC, a perfect storm is making the virus hard to stop | Devi Sridhar
New species and regional instability are factors – but decisions made in the US and Britain are also costing lives Did you know that there is a major Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and it’s on track to be the deadliest ever? It is already the second-worst Ebola outbreak in history, with the fastest community transmission we have ever seen. It’s estimated that there have been at least 4,900 cases and more than 2,300 deaths, giving a mortality rate close to 50%. The sit...
By Devi Sridhar
Read full article →DRC Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in country's history
An Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has now killed 2,325 people, according to government figures. The UN says one person in the country is dying every 30 minutes of the disease.
Read full article →DR Congo Ebola outbreak becomes country’s deadliest
The DRC’s latest Ebola outbreak has killed 2,325 people, making it the country’s deadliest outbreak on record. Nearly 5,000 cases have been confirmed as the virus spreads to a sixth province, while health authorities work to tackle mistrust and contain transmission. Two vaccines have also entered early human trials.
By FRANCE24
Read full article →Ebola outbreak in DR Congo now country’s deadliest ever – as deaths double in three weeks
Someone dies of Ebola every 30 minutes, according to the United Nations – and it is now killing almost one in two recorded cases
By Liz Cookman
Read full article →Congo’s Ebola outbreak now its deadliest ever. UN warns virus is ‘winning’
The death toll reached 2,325 after another 365 fatalities were recorded last week
By Bloomberg News
Read full article →Ebola outbreak becomes Congo’s deadliest
United Nations health experts warn that that the virus is ‘winning’
By Bloomberg
Read full article →Congo Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in country's history as death toll reaches new peak
Congo's public health institute said in its latest report that confirmed cases had risen to 4,945, including 101 new cases detected in the previous 24 hours.
Read full article →Congo Ebola outbreak deadliest in country's history
The Ebola outbreak in Congo has killed 2,325 people, government data showed on Sunday, surpassing the toll from the 2018-2020 outbreak to become the deadliest in the country's history. Congo's public health institute said in its latest report that confirmed cases had risen to 4,945, including 101 new cases detected in the previous 24 hours. The outbreak, Congo's 17th, was already the biggest in the country's history in terms of number of cases -- a milestone reached in late July. The latest go
By The Korea Herald
Read full article →Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history - Daily Maverick
Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history Daily Maverick
Read full article →Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country's history
Case fatality ratio climbs to 46% as nearly one in two confirmed cases prove fatal, government data says
By Reuters
Read full article →DR Congo Ebola outbreak deadliest ever in country's history
An Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has become the country’s deadliest, killing over 2,300 people in three months, officials said Monday. The United Nations says...
Read full article →Deadliest Ebola outbreak kills 2,325 in DR Congo, now killing one every 30 minutes - Africa - World - Ahram Online
Deadliest Ebola outbreak kills 2,325 in DR Congo, now killing one every 30 minutes - Africa - World Ahram Online
Read full article →Urgent: Ebola outbreak in DR Congo kills 2,325, becoming deadliest in country's history - The Star
Urgent: Ebola outbreak in DR Congo kills 2,325, becoming deadliest in country's history The Star
Read full article →DR Congo Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest with over 2,300 deaths
The DR Congo Ebola outbreak has become the deadliest in the country’s history, with over 2,300 deaths. Learn about the fast-moving Bundibugyo strain and co Read More: https://punchng.com/dr-congo-ebola-outbreak-becomes-deadliest-with-over-2300-deaths/
By Punch Newspapers
Read full article →Congo Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in country’s history
The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has become the deadliest recorded in the country, with 2,325 people killed since authorities declared the epidemic in May. Government figures released on Sunday put the number of confirmed infections at 4,945. Health authorities recorded 101 new cases during the previous 24 hours.
Read full article →


