
Bodies of Two Italian Divers Recovered from Maldives Cave After Tragic Accident
The bodies of two Italian divers, Federico Gualtieri and another, who died during a diving excursion in a cave at a depth of around 60 meters in the Maldives last week, have been successfully recovered. The complex operation involved international assistance, including Finnish divers.
The Story
Analyzing sources…
Source Diversity
Source Diversity
Excellent (84/100)Sources
Finnish divers will try to recover 2 of the dead Italians from an underwater cave in the Maldives - AP News
Finnish divers will try to recover 2 of the dead Italians from an underwater cave in the Maldives AP News
Read full article →Two bodies of missing Italians recovered from inside Maldives cave
The two were among four divers located in the furthest chamber in the cave and their bodies were recovered by specialist divers.
Read full article →Bodies of 2 Italian divers recovered from ‘well inside’ underwater cave in Maldives
Finnish divers on Tuesday recovered the bodies of two of the four remaining Italians who died deep inside an underwater cave in an atoll in the Maldives, an official said. The bodies were located on Monday, when searches resumed after being suspended following the death of a local military diver during a perilous mission to try to reach them. Five Italian divers went missing on Thursday, with one of the bodies recovered earlier. The plan is to recover the remaining two bodies on Wednesday. Th...
By Associated Press
Read full article →Bodies of four missing Italian divers found inside 'shark cave' in Maldives days after they vanished
Read full article →Four bodies found in search for missing cave divers in the Maldives
By Robert White
Read full article →Bodies of two Italian divers who died in Maldives recovered
(ANSA) - ROME, MAY 19 - Expert divers on Tuesday recovered the bodies of two of the five Italians who died while scuba diving in a cave at a depth of around 60 metres in the Maldives last week. The recovered bodies were those of Federico Gualtieri and Monica Montefalcone, sources said. The Maldivian authorities had previously said they would try to recover two more bodies, those of Montefalcone's daughter Giorgia Sommacal and Muriel Oddenino from the cave in a separate dive on Wednesday. The ...
By ANSA
Read full article →Maldives Diving Tragedy: What Happened on Excursion That Left 5 Dead
Four Italian tourists, all experienced divers, and their instructor set out on a scuba excursion May 14 in the Maldives to explore a sea cave. None of them survived the journey. The body of...
By Natalie Finn
Read full article →


