
European Nations Condemn Israeli West Bank Settlement Plan
Several European nations, including the UK, France, Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands, have jointly condemned Israel's proposed E1 settlement project in the West Bank, urging a halt to the expansion.
The Story
Analyzing sources…
Source Diversity
Source Diversity
Excellent (100/100)Sources
UK, France, Germany, Italy and Canada condemn Israel's West Bank settlement project
European countries and Canada pile on pressure over Israel's plans to expand settlements in a strategically vital part of the occupied West Bank.
Read full article →European Powers Rebuke Israel Over West Bank E1 Settlement Plan
Six European leaders decried Israel’s latest plan to expand settlements in the occupied West Bank as “unacceptable” and called on companies to refrain from bidding on construction tenders.
By Donato Paolo Mancini, Nayla Razzouk and Ania Nussbaum
Read full article →France joins European powers in call for Israel to halt West Bank settlement plan
France, Britain, Germany and Italy condemned on Thursday the Israeli government's opening for bids to build more than 1,200 homes in a controversial West Bank settlement plan approved last year.
Read full article →State-backed Israeli settler violence forces West Bank displacement: HRW
HRW calls for sanctions and suspension of military aid as dozens of Palestinian communities are at risk of erasure.
Read full article →France, Germany, UK and Italy slam Israel's 'E1' West Bank settler project
Paris, Berlin, London and Rome on Thursday condemned Israel's decision to open bidding for a planned settlement project in the occupied West Bank. The sprawling "E1" development, which like all Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territory is illegal under international law, would further cut Palestinian-majority east Jerusalem off from the West Bank.
By FRANCE 24
Read full article →UK clashes with Israel over controversial West Bank settlement
Foreign secretary Ed Miliband said UK would soon announce moves to respond to Israeli government policies, protect the viability of the Palestinian state and ‘target sanctions at those who participate in illegal settlement expansion’
By Kate Devlin
Read full article →UK's Miliband decries 'unacceptable, destructive' E1 settlement expansion in West Bank
In response, Foreign Minister Gideon Sa'ar said he "rejected outright the statement of the UK Foreign Secretary and the patronizing tone of his words."
Read full article →UK, Italy, France, Germany demand Israel halt West Bank settlement expansion
Britain, Italy, France and Germany on Thursday piled on mounting international condemnation of a major Israeli settlement project in the occupied West Bank. The four countries sai...
Read full article →

